5 Keys to Getting Unstuck in Business
Do you feel like you’re stuck in a rut? Are you struggling in your business, career or life? It’s time to take action to fix the problem.
You’ll first want to identify the areas of your life that feel “off.” Take some time to reflect on what’s bothering you and why. Once you know what’s going on, it’s easier to find a solution.
It’s important to have goals in all aspects of your life because it focuses your energy onto the big picture. When you have a purpose for your actions, you’ll begin to see those little steps being important building blocks for your end goal. Your life won’t seem so stuck when you have your end goal in mind at all times.
Here are some tips for setting goals:
- Make your goals attainable. If you have big goals, break them up into smaller pieces.
- Write your goals down on paper and keep them handy. Studies have shown that those who actually take the time to write their goals down and review them regularly are far more likely to achieve their goals than those who don’t write them down at all.
- Always state your goals in a positive fashion (i.e. “I will be debt free…” instead of: “I will stop spending money…”)
- Be as detailed as possible when planning out your goals step by step.
Once you’ve discovered the areas of your life that need changing, and you have your goals in mind, it’s time to take action. When things have hit a point of stagnation, there is no other choice you have but to take swift action. Remember that you can think, plan, or worry, but it won’t be positive for your life. The most important thing to do is start taking action in a positive direction toward your goals.
Here are 5 strategies to keep in mind as you put your goals into action:
- Don’t Hold Yourself Back. If you already know what’s holding you back, it’s time to fix the problem so you can take action. Is fear holding you back? If so, it’d be in your best interest to master your fears. Staying stuck because of fear will cause you to waste time and opportunities. You don’t have to throw yourself into fearful situations all at once. It is best to try new things little by little, to realize there was nothing to fear all along! You got this!
- Be Consistent. Many people will start down the path of changing their life and then drift back into a world of stagnation. Once you’ve started to take action, make sure it’s consistent action. This is the only way you’ll reach your life goals in the long term.
- Take a Step Forward Every day. You already have your plan in place and it’s broken up into small pieces. Ask yourself what you can accomplish right now today to put yourself a step closer toward your goal. It doesn’t matter if you only have 15 minutes, there is sure to be something you can accomplish in that time period to help move you closer to your goals.
- Take Time to Unwind. It’s easy to get excited and eager about your new goals and dreams, but ensure you schedule some “me time” as well. You need to be able to get a good night’s sleep and rejuvenate your body and mind. Otherwise, you risk physical and mental exhaustion, which will only bring you back to stagnation!
- Take Notes. Be sure to take notes of your observations and tweak your actions along the way. Doing so will help you figure out what’s working for you and what’s not.
Envision Yourself Successful
At the end of the day you should picture yourself getting unstuck, achieving success and moving past stagnation. Even if you’re not quite there yet, it’s important to remember that it’s possible and very likely to happen when you’re willing to change!
Want more tips on getting unstuck? Check out my video on Getting Unstuck in Your Business